As the site has been gaining more recognition, it is time we find a proper logo. Things to think about:
1) Key elements of our identity are: Discovery. Music. Fun. We want people to think of us as a go-to source for the best tips in new music.
2) We want something that is unique, will stand out, and is recognizable.
3) We like the idea of incorporating illustration into the logo to make it more recognizable, but we don't want it to be TOO busy.
4) We like clear, bold fonts.
5) We like the idea of writing I THINK I LOVE IT! in all caps (unless you feel that something else would look better).
6) In addition to looking good on the website itself, we want a logo that will translate well as an avatar on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
7) The logo does NOT need to match our current website design. The whole idea here it to rebrand with a more interesting visual identity. It is very possible that we will use this new logo as inspiration to redesign the entire website in the future.
8) Background info about the name: I THINK I LOVE IT! is a play on the song "I Think I Love You." It's also the reaction we seek to elicit from readers when we introduce them to new music.
9) We're big fans of Mattson Creative's designs (http://mattsoncreative.com/). With that said, don't feel limited by this — go with your gut, and run with any style you feel will look great and capture our identity!