UPDATE: Note to designers (posted 9/7/2018):
In addition to the design brief, here are a few additional notes to help further guide your designs and what we're looking for:
- Some emotions that come up when we talk about the Trill brand include:
- growth, motivation, freedom, heart, love, authenticity, truth, real talk.
- The word "Trill" comes from "True + Real".
- Design should be progressive, clever, very visual, and brilliantly simple.
- Feel free to get "abstract and clever" with the design. Abstract designs that have even a slight connection with the Trill brand emotions and product.
- Also okay to use symbolism; such as objects, shapes, plants, animals, etc.
- Avoid cursive fonts and thin text fonts.
ORIGINAL BRIEF NOTES:
Here are a few core characteristics we would like achieve with a logo:
Simple, Memorable, Timeless, and Versatile
Function in both B&W or colors, in all sizes.
Communicates: Authenticity, Trust, Progressive
One “word” logo and one “graphic” style logo
The graphic will also be the app icon. The graphic needs to be distinctive on the typical smartphone app screen but also fit on merchandise products.
We've attached a moodboard of pictures for reference.