V E R Y I M P O R T A N T
(please read carefully)
Our company name is INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS, our abbreviation ICAP.
We work in the financial & investment industry and we like contemporary art because it's great way to communicate and express value. We need your creativity to transfer this thought into our corporate communication. Therefore, we want to get two different typographies to combine our traditional and serious business with the arty spirit.
The easy part is to find an appropriate typography for our company name INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS. The challenging part is to create a unique Corpotate-Type" which we can use for our icon ICAP various marketing applications.
Therefore, please suggest an appropriate typography for our company name INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS:
- it has to contribute graveness, reliability & seriousness of our industry;
- it has to be written in capital letters;
- it has to be written in one line (no sub-lines);
- every word in our company name is equal, i.e. don't stress any of them;
- it has to be straight, smart, clear & pure;
- no waves, curves, animals, plants, etc.;
- propose 1x serifs and 1x san-serifs;
- you can use stock-fonts but you have to adjust them to get uniqueness;
- just using stock-fonts we don't rate;
- NOTE your proposals, e.g. name stock-fonts and your adjustments;
- rates also depends on the grade of uniqueness.
Essential and challenging part is the creation of a "Corporate-Type". We're looking for a set of "Corporate-Typography". We'd like to use it for our icon ICAP and also for a variety of marketing applications, e.g. brochures, catalogues, internet site, etc. The company name INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS (step 1) will be used in these cases just as a reference, e.g. left upper corner of a brochure, etc.
We guess it's a job for designers who are experienced in the art industry (museums, galleries, collectors, art traders, etc.) and who sees themselves also as typographers/composers. Requirements for this "Corporate-Typography" in step 2 are:
- it has to be arty but first-sight readable;
- A-Z or a-z or mixed, 1-0, +-/,.!?
- types must have the same vertical structure, i.e. they've to work stapled, too (see uploads);
- cross-platform-compatility, i.e. your fonts should function both with Windows PCs and Macintosh computers so that problem-free transfer of documents is possible;
- OpenType fonts conform to international standards
- we want to see exact alignments;
- customizing existing designs is okay, pls NOTE the stock-fonts-basis;
- re-freshing types from an well-known artist, designer, architect is also fine;
- please provide detailed NOTES to your proposals;
- we rate most uniqueness;
- we eliminate just simple stock-fonts proposals;
We have organized a blind contest for you bc we want your ultimate creativity which should be protected, too. We don't like copy & paste, we want to see different concepts.
If you like to attend this contest, your proposal has to contain:
- our company name INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS written in your suggested typo (step 1): 1 x version in black on white background and 1 x version inverse (white) on black background;
- our icon ICAP written in your created "Corporate-Typography": 1 x version in black on white background and 1 x version inverse (white) on black background;
- visualization of a front-page of an imaginary marketing brochure with composed text sample: "INVEST CAPITAL PARTNERS - INVESTMENTMEMORANDUM 06/2015" … written in your created "Corporate-Typography";
- please note your proposals bc we want to understand what you think.
We uploaded also some pics of our office do give you a further impression who we are. Although it looks a bit like a space ship we aren't looking for syfy, gravity or galaxy-style.
E X A M P L E S
To get a better impression what we are looking for we uploaded a set of marketing applications of an art gallery we like (galerie ruberl). You can see they use a classic typo from 80' (Le Pochoir) for their "Corporate-Type" . The type is adjusted (lines of the letters. etc.) to be able to position them it in many different ways. see their brand logo and also several exhibition catalogues (in different colors, papers, sometimes also with two layers offset in different colors) ... we like this idea.
We have done some simple examples for you with readymade stock-fonts ("four pixel caps", "lalek bold" and "MKF Tiler") to get it in the right direction. These fonts have a vertical structure, so it is possible to arrange and staple them in many different ways … we are looking for ideas like that.
So, let's get arty in the financial industry.