Wie Stefanc7 das erste button oder icon Abenteuer antrat
We are a UCD-company and perform usability evaluations on daily basis. We have six categories of usability findings. For each category i need an emoticon which i can put in front of a finding in our reports.
Was inspiriert Sie und wie stellen Sie sich das Design für Ihr Unternehmen vor?
During a usability test a test participant is asked to perfrom a certain amount of tasks on a website. An observer makes notes of the user behaviour and his/her comments.
When the observer reports usability findings he/she categorize them as following.
- Positive finding - This approach is recommendable and should be preserved
- Minor problem - Caused participants to hesitate for a few seconds
- Serious problem - Delayed test participants in their use of the website for 1 to 5 minutes, but eventually they were able to continue. Caused occassional "catastrophes"
- Critical problem - Caused frequent catastrophes. A catastrophe is a situation where the website "wins" over the test participants. i.e. a situation where the test participant cannot solve a reasonable task of where the website annoys the test participant considerably.
- Good idea - A suggestion from a test participant that could lead to a significant improvement for the user experience
- The website works in a way that's clearly not in accordance with the design specification. This includes spelling errors, dead links, scripting errors, etc.For each category we need an emoticon that can be put in front of the observation so it's easy recognizable for our client