I've launched an internet start up that helps small wine retailers sell more wine online: from ecommerce sites to Adwords.
I help them find a niche in a market full of expert national online wine retailers. Brutal but, like Bob the Builder says, "they can do it, yes they can".
They just need some help is all.
I take a friendly educational approach with a a series of posts and videos about how to create a profitable local wine retailer online store. Many busy retailers see this as too difficult or too time consuming. I show them how its done for free. I also offer a paid service to create a profitable end to end system for them.
40 year old male owner operator of an independent fine wine store servicing a local market. Might be in London, San Francisco, New York or Sydney.
Knows his fine wines and has a great relationship with his customers. Is relatively successful but wants to achieve additional sales online.
Independent and sophisticated businessperson who is looking for a trusted source of advice on how to take his business online.
First, I promise lots of feedback, honest yet not destructive, and I'll check at least every 12 hours.
I am looking for:
- a modern, clean and simple icon (almost a logo), like the Vodafone quote mark or Nike swoosh
- something that can fit in a square shape (a square border, or background, or not - up to you)
- if you use a font of please give the font name, I'll buy it separately
- colours should be professional rather than psychedelic - up to you,
probably best to give some options.
- not a wine bottle, glass, grapes by itself, as these have been done to death, could include these as one part of the design however.
Lastly, what's a wine retailer going to think of when he wants to hire a person to help him sell more wine online? From an ecommerce website to social media to SEO to an Adwords campaign. From providing advice on how he can do it himself, to doing it for him. I had images of a shop counter, a PC screen, a house, orders, shipments… damned if I know :-) , which is why I'm asking you for help...