- The logo should scale well. It has to be small enough to be printed on a bottle cap, but should also present well when used on a market stall marquee.
- It has to be unique with a good recognition value
- The use of the words “Sunshine Coast Cider” is optional. i.e it could only be the ‘logo’ part on a bottle cap and the full logo and text on a marquee
- The logo should present well when printed in b&w or on a one-colour print.
- We think red, orange, yellow, gold, green and black are appropriate colours. However we let the designer choose a colour scheme.
We’ve got some ideas for the logo, but this should not be restrictive. It should more be seen as something to kickstart your thinking:
- representing an apple / juice (don’t emphasise too much on the apple theme as we might add other fruit based wines in the future)
- representing the region: The Sunshine Coast is a premium holiday destination within Australia. We’ve got golden beaches, lush green rolling hills, lots of sun, fantastic scenery
- representing the heritage: Born in Switzerland, I would also consider a link to that heritage. i.e Apple with arrow trough it (representing the Swiss folk hero Wilhelm Tell shooting his arrow into an apple on top of his son’s head). This could also be seen as amour’s arrow in an apple
- representing quality