THE FALL AND RISE OF PETER STOLLER – a novel featuring a 60s era British spy as the central character – has been characterized as John Le Carré meets Mad Men and the cover should reflect this tone.
This is a character-driven story, not a James Bond action type. I’m not interested in Tom Clancy style covers, as this novel leans more toward the literary. Primary location is London, though it is not necessary to incorporate this into the design. You may want to at least work in something British to give a sense of the story.
Peter Stoller is tall, thin, thoughtful. He is also gay. This novel collects three parts of Peter’s story: he leaves British Intelligence after his lover Charles is accused of espionage only to discover Charles may actually be a counteragent, then is asked to come back and save his boss’ job (and simultaneously attempts to find out the truth about Charles), and finally is promoted to the head of the organization.
Though his relationship with Charles is central, I am not looking for anything “sexy.” This is not that kind of book. I would like an image or images of some kind, rather than just stylized words. Something along the lines of Matthew Pearl’s Dante Club cover is a possible suggestion, but don’t be held to that if you have an original idea.
A representative excerpt had been attached to give you a sense of the book's tone.
- Trim size is 5 x 8 and should adhere to Createspace guidelines available here: https://www.createspace.com/Product…verPDF.jsp
- Final book expected to be ~300 pgs.
- Will need both a "front cover only" version for the eBook and a full version for the paperback (front/spine/back)
- Back cover of full version should include the attached copy, author's photo, and space for a bar code (per Createspace guidelines)
- Would like both high res PDF and PSD files for final version
COPY FOR BACK COVER:
Peter Stoller is a consummate professional--as a British intelligence agent, he's at the top of his game and has never had trouble separating his work from his personal life. But when he meets cabbie Charles Toulson, his personal life takes a turn he wasn't expecting. Now Peter must decide: should he trust his instincts, or his heart?