Working Book Title: “Impatient Zen: 3 Minutes to Lower Stress, Inner Peace, and Getting Your Life Back.”
Author’s Name: Koji Kotori (pen name)
Impatient Zen is a book about today’s hectic life and how to quickly reduce stress using Zen techniques that normally take years to learn. These techniques are quick to learn and easy to implement.
The cover (including the back and spine) needs to be simple and bold - something that will pop in Amazon’s Kindle store as a thumbnail and on the bookshelf. The book is 5.5 x 8.5. The spine will be about 0.5”.[ Only include spine once length of book is known to determine thickness.]
The imagery should make the viewer feel like their life is hectic now and this book will provide them immediate stress relief them while allowing them to keep moving quickly. Imagery does NOT have to be Zen-specific.
The reader should feel that they must have this book if they have a hectic stressful life and want immediate relief.
It’s important that the book “pops off the shelf” and catches the eye. The most important part of the design will be “does it sell”, not “does it look pretty”. So it is very important that it catches the eye, is very polished, and is very engaging/interesting.
I’m open to any image or illustration you chose. Here are a few words and phrases that come to mind when thinking of my book: stress relief, no time, quick results, easy to do, calming, freedom, happiness, joy, transforming, empowerment, focus, awareness.
I like a color palette and big titles that let you know right away what the title is and what the book is about. A simple color scheme with 2-3 colors is preferable.
Titles I like the covers for:
* The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere by Pico Iyer
* You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
* Mindfulness: An Eight Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
* Mini-Missions for Simplicity by Courtney Carver
* Less Doing, More Living by Ari Meisel
* Wired for Joy by Laurel Mellin
* The Mindful Way Through Stress by Shamash Alidina
* The Decision Book by Mikael Krogerus and Roman Tschappeler
* 27 Quick Life Transformation Tips by Alvin Huang and Greg Frost
Contest is guaranteed!
Note that on the back cover would be the ISBN and the (??) logo on the bottom.
Idea for the back cover - Impatient Zen: 3 Minutes to Lower Stress, Inner Peace, and Getting Your Life Back
Within this book you will discover how 2500 year old techniques can be used effectively today to combat stress while taking almost zero time.
Learn how to
* Stay calm when no one around you is
* Channel stress in a positive way
* Use micro-downtime to re-energize