I am looking for a designer whom I can continue to work with on future books as well.
Above is a very abbreviated synopsis but the important elements are:
A whimsical feel. I like illustration - CGI OK. I’m drawn to fantasy covers with illustration but it still needs to indicate sci fi in some way. I don’t like the common covers with a photo of a planet, and an astronaut or a spaceship with type stuck on top.
1. Think The Little Prince but for adults. Simple illustration - planet, tiny rocket ship, little dome/s, a garden plot, maybe some spiraling tendrils coming off the plot, maybe some indication of the plant devas.
2. Or something like Voices by Dupe Olorunjo or Eloisa Born with an abstract face as a focus (that symbolizes the intuitive nature of the main character). Although I don’t want a specific face- if it helps Jey is described as tall and rangy with grey green eyes that change with her mood and ash blond hair so probably mostly Caucasian though in this future time, everyone has very mixed heritages.
3. Or a symbol based cover - something that represents nature, natural, plants, a bit mystical. The big message is that mankind needs to develop their energetic nature and senses and the natural world is key to this.
4. A pattern based cover - I love all over patterns.
1. Spaceship (if pictured needs to be very small in the design, maybe just a indication or very simple illustration - white). Spaceship isn’t a rocket - uses a mass driver for launch - not even sure what this specifically looks like so any spaceship needs to be small, non specific...
2. Sentient planet (rusty reds and browns, cratered, barren, has two small moons). Colony is a collection of domes. There is no native life of any kind, no plants and thus no clouds. Colony is beside a large inland lake they call the Golden Sea. Very calm, metallic sheen on the surface of the water that laps on a pebbly shore.
3. Plants with plant devas (the colonists plant a small square garden plot outside their enclosed dome and the plants are key to their adaptation to the planet - devas appear in the book as misty, glimmery, shifting ribbons of colors that mix and merge - the main one is the pea deva - she has misty silver and green colors. The devas also create a new plant shoot that has a spiral shape that the colonist are able to create a remedy from).
4. MC - Jey - if pictured I don’t want a specific face or figure - I like the reader to form their own picture - the key to her is that she is developing these intuitive abilities to connect with plants and planet and realizing that she too looks beautiful on the energy level - silvery, glimmery, beautiful).
Files - I included the baby on a leaf and the surreal book just because I like the whimsy of them.
Ok - totally confused now? There are lots of images here - you don’t need them all - just giving them to you for inspiration.