Artwork needed for young adult book cover/spine/back.
The cover and spine need to include the title and the author
Title: Playing Fairy Godmother
Author: Rachel Jeffries
Book Description (to be included on back cover):
Weddings--no doubt this word brings to mind a certain image. Immediately you're probably thinking of a beautiful woman in a white dress and a handsome man with a smile lighting up his face as his bride walks down the aisle of the church. You are most certainly not thinking of a tear-stained letter that is addressed to a teen heartthrob but falls in to the hands of his younger sister who, despite her best intentions, often does more harm than good.
And why would you think that? Matt Martin is happily engaged and his sister, Carolyn, is back at school, too busy to get caught up again in all the drama of her famous brother. Besides, why would Matt's fiancée write him a letter? Everyone knows that texting is the way to go these days and for Matt Martin's sake, a text from his fiancée would definitely have been the safer mode of communication. Perhaps then Carolyn would have never seen the message and not dragged everyone into such a big mess.
Target Audience: 13-18 year old girls
Dimensions: 8 x 5.25 x 0.59 inches (see attached CreateSpace template for more specifics).
The cover must be centered horizontally and vertically (according to CreateSpace.com)
The cover must be a single PDF that includes the back cover, spine, and front cover as one image. I have attached a template from CreateSpace to provide directions.
Story Tone: Light-hearted teen romance
The main character, Carolyn, is fifteen/sixteen years old. She has light skin; long, curly auburn hair; and blue eyes.
Matt, her brother, is nineteen years old. He has light skin; short blonde hair; and blue eyes.
The book takes place in Southern California, Tennessee and North Carolina.
Possible images to include: A wand or crown, but open to other ideas.
I have included other directions from CreateSpace.com for the attached template. I don't mean to cause any confusion but it is of the upmost importance to me that the design easily and correctly uploads to CreateSpace so that I am able to publish immediately upon selecting a design. I hope it helps.
1. Open the PDF or PNG file for the Paperback Book Cover Template in your image editing software.
2. Create a new layer in your image editing software. This layer will serve as the design layer.
3. Design your cover in the design layer, using the template PDF or PNG file as the guide layer. The artwork should extend to the outside edge of the template's pink zone to ensure a white border will not exist within the printed work. Do not move the guide layer, as it is properly aligned for our printing specifications.
4. Ensure text and/or images that are intended to be read do not appear in the pink zones of the template.
5. The barcode area is indicated in yellow on the template. Do not place important images or text intending to be read in the barcode location. We suggest filling in this area with your background color or design.
6. Once your design is complete, you will need to turn off the guide layer so that it is not printed on your final product or rejected during the review process. If you are unable to turn off the guide layer, then you will need to format the artwork so that it completely covers the guide layer.
7. Flatten all layers, save the file as a press quality PDF, and upload the file through your CreateSpace account.
8. The maximum accepted file size for your book cover is 40 MB